The Pastoral Care Team looks into the support of:
- Pupils who require social and emotional support
- Pupils who require counselling
- Pupils with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Pupils who are on the Financial Assistance Scheme
Gongshang Primary School emphasises the social and emotional well-being of all the pupils of the school. Overseeng these aspects is the Pastoral Care Team consisting of the Full-Time School Counsellor and the Allied Educators (Learning and Behavioural Support) (AED/LBS).
Specialised classes and customised programmes are conducted for various groups of students, catering to their different social and emotional needs for eg School Transitional & Experiential Programme (STEP) for P1 and P6 students.
To encourage positive relationships among pupils, the following initiatives have been developed:-
- Knowledge, Interaction, Teamwork, Exploration & Skills (KITES)
- Bridging Curious Learners